February 27, 2015
I have some good news for you from the International Menopause Society. Having served on the Board of the International Menopause Society, it has been my endeavour to get discounted rates for membership to IMS (International) for India and other developing countries. In this context I had brought forth our problems to the Board, leading to a discussion and consideration.
I am happy to inform you that a new Category of Membership has been added in the Rule and Regulations of the Society, in 2014. I have selected the relevant paragraph from the Rules & Regulations of the International Menopause Society, and added it below
Promotional (Group) Membership (Paragraph from the Rules & Regulations of the International Menopause Society)
- During the calendar year prior to each biennial IMS World Congress a category of promotional membership may be offered to residents of developing countries, “Developing” shall be defined using the World Bank classification of low and middle income salaries against those with a disposable income of less than about 12,500 US Dollars per annum data.worldbank.org.
- Promotional membership is intended to increase IMS membership and Congress attendance.
Such membership will not be available by individual application. However, where appropriately qualified citizens of a country seek promotional group membership a discounted rate will be offered as follows:
- 10 to 19 new members – 10%;
- 20 to 29 new members – 20%; and
- 30 or more members – 30%.
- Promotional group membership will also include a discounted Congress membership fee, access to the IMS website and electronic access to Climacteric.
I request all of you to take advantage of this offer. The actual membership for individuals is Rs.12,000/- per year, more than 30 of us can avail of this offer at a 30% discount ie. at Rs. 8400/- per year, it will entitle us to get a discounted Congress fee, access to the IMS (International) Website and electronic access to the Climacteric Journal. The only negative point is that it is a non voting membership. Ie. you cannot vote during the election at IMS.
I request all of you to consider this offer, which I feel is very reasonable and will showcase the strength of IMS-India at the International Menopause Society. I request the current President Dr. Hara Pattanaik and the Representatives of the International Menopause Society to promote this membership drive in the forthcoming years so that we have a fantastic discount for IMS-India at the World Congress of IMS to be held in Prague next October 2016.
With warm regards