The Indian Menopause Society is a multidisciplinary national society. It was launched in 1995. It is committed to fostering the comprehensive well-being of the mature & elderly Indian women. The society provides a common forum for medical and other interested health professionals and people from all walks of life to work towards the goals of the society.
The goals of the society are
- To increase awareness regarding menopause and aging through public health and education activities.
- To promote a multi-disciplinary multi-factorial comprehensive approach to the care of these
women—medical and non-medical.
- To regularly update doctors and health professionals in the field of menopausal medicine to ensure appropriate health care for these women.
- To facilitate exchange of ideas and experiences of different disciplines since the physical, mental and emotional health of women in the years after menopause is truly multidimensional.
- To collect information and data with particular reference to Indian women.
- To encourage research on relevant aspects in the Indian context.
- To help provide awareness and services to the less-privileged group of women of the society.
- Open to doctors and also to non-medical people
- Anyone interested in helping with the various aspects & problems of menopause.
Facilities available to life members
- Regular updates and CMEs in those cities with a local chapter
- Annual national conference on scientific & social issues
- Medical practice guidelines for management of menopause
- To participate in the “National Data Collection” research programme
- To offer voluntary services in IMS associated Menopause Clinics for underprivileged women
- BiAnnual issue of the scientific journal of Indian Menopause Society viz; The Journal of Midlife Health
- Quarterly issue of the public awareness magazine of Indian Menopause society: “Poise”
Certification courses in “Menopausal Medicine” for doctors
Additional practical training will be provided at menopause clinics
- Basic Course
- Advanced Course
- Training for running Menopause Awareness Programmes