Welcome to the website of Indian Menopause Society (IMS)
The vibrant organisation Indian Menopause Society was formed in year 1995 with a mission to provide care, cure & comfort to menopausal women of the country with multidisciplinary approach to provide academic excellence among members of IMS and increase awareness among matured women of our country.
As president of Indian menopause society, an organisation of more than 2500 members, spread across 40 chapters throughout the country, I shall endeavour to take the mission of IMS, which is to serve women of midlife and beyond, to greater heights . It stands tall today because, successive presidents starting from founder president Dr. Rama Vaidya, Dr. Urvashi Jha, Dr. Asha Kapadia, Dr. Behram Anklesaria, Dr. Sonia Mallick, Dr. Sunila Khandelwal, Dr. Atul Munshi,, Dr. Saroj Srivastava, Dr. Meeta Singh, Dr. Jyoti Unni and Dr. Maninder Ahuja have enriched this academic body with their mission, vision & action.
The thrust will be on strengthening the 3 pillars of the organisation, which are, academic activities, service to society, and fellowship among IMS members, from all walks of life.
Team 2015, has envisaged zonal continued medical education programmes and skill development programmes. Surgical skill development being of paramount importance, programmes in that direction were being conducted since 2004 both in FOGSI and IMS. This year we would like to conduct the programme in chapters where it has not been conducted before. We have taken up Vaginal hysterectomy and, Urogyanecology. Dr.Mrityunjay Mohapatra and Dr. Vineet Mishra, will be the national coordinators for these workshops. We shall add Gyn Encoscopy and oncology workshops in some places this year.
In liason with Torrent pharma, we are planning to conduct 25 CMEs on Perimenopausal Bleeding and their management with practical tips & tricks to practicing gynaecologists. Initial plan is to have 25 CMEs, and as required, the CME’s may be extended to all chapters.
In liason with Abbot pharma, IMS. Abbot CME on MHT will be organised in various places, in a new format and module, being co-ordinated by Dr.Jignesh Shah and myself.
Club 35 plus, an endeavour to improve public awareness was started by Dr.Jaideep Malhotra. Dr. Pushpa Sethi, who is now in charge of this committee has promised to conduct this programme in newer places and chapters.
Aao Gaon Chalen! a programme started by Dr. Maninder Ahuja will be further extended & strengthened. Once every month members of each chapter will visit a village for health check up of elderly women & will give them practical guidance & advice.
IMS – Web Telecast Programme: Dr. Duru Shah & me are coordinating with partners to launch a web telecast IMS programme once every month. Details are being worked out.
With a vision to make chapters stronger,
- Chapters are requested to organise their annual function. Workshops & CMEs can be incorporated in it.
- Raise IMS funds
- Invite FOGSI & ICOG members & make them members of IMS
- Induct new members
This year, chapters’ share of new members’ fee will be paid immediately back to the chapters.
Coordinating with FOGSI & FOGSI Committees: Many of our members being chairpersons of different FOGSI committees, greater coordination is needed with FOGSI committees, particularly Midlife Management Committee, Public Awareness Committee, Oncology Committee, and Medical Education Committee.
With International Bodies: We shall continue our liason with Int. Menopause Society,BMS,NAMS and SAFOMS.
Making IMS Strong: This will be achieved, with a
- Stronger national presence
- Increase in membership strength to 10,000
- Partnership with Govt. on health policies of elderly women.
- Stress on unified action by office bearers.
- Better coordination with chapters.
President, will , this year stand as the 1st servant of IMS.
- Work will be distributed among vice president, secretary general, joint secretary, treasurer, joint treasurer, president elect , immediate past president & ex-office bearers.
- Secretary general will be the spokes person of IMS & will coordinate with international bodies.
- Vice president will strengthen the chapters & membership drive.
- Joint secretary will coordinate national CMEs & Workshops.
- Treasurer & joint treasurer will strengthen audit accounting of IMS chapters.
- President elect to coordinate with committees for better output
- Immediate past-president to co-ordinate with public awareness & rural camp programme.
- Committee chairpersons –to Improve standard.
- Chapter secretary – to form stronger chapters with more members.
- Past presidents – to advise and guide.
IMS Quiz: The theme for this year will be, Aging ovary co-ordinated by Dr. Chellama.
Dr. Yasodhara Pradeep will coordinate CIIMP
I record my gratitude & thanks to
- All members of IMS
- All office bearers of IMS
- All office bearers & past presidents, past/present & future.
- My mentors / teachers / friends
- My family
Menopause , will have a new meaning – To Empower, Enrich & Enlighten.